Total Stack Software Engineer (AWS, Blockchain) at Thomson Reuters at Fintechers Job Board
Total Stack Software Engineer (AWS, Blockchain) at Thomson Reuters
- Applied Innovation is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes FinTech capabilities, Blockchain, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest. Applied Innovation is also responsible for native, hybrid and HTML five mobile application development for Thomson Reuters and outer clients.
- We work through the entire software development lifecycle with a lightweight Agile treatment. We use the latest instruments and processes to ease our lives as developers with a strong concentrate in software quality.
- We are working in a quiet and relaxed environment in central London, near Old Street, with an open dress code and you will be working alongside some of the smartest people in the industry
- We are looking for a talented developer who is keen to get into the fresh and titillating area of Blockchain (distributed ledgers).
- You would be responsible for analysis, design and implementation of complicated software solutions using Blockchain technologies (Ethereum etc).
- You would also be contributing towards innovation, research and vision in this domain, both within Thomson Reuters and potentially also externally.
- Strong practice of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS). Especially technologies such as EC2, S3, Kubernetes, Docker and Elastic Search
- Practice in delivering scalable distributed computing with fault tolerance
- Pro abilities and practice working in OO languages such as C++, Go, Scala and C#
- Interest in Blockchain technologies
- Unix environment and Bash scripting
- RESTful API design and implementation and messaging system practice
- Skill of TCP/IP networking and network protocols
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Practice with version control systems (Git)
- Sultry about problem solving
- Excellent communicator
- Value judgment and common sense over process
- Proactive and able to learn quickly
- A sense of humour always helps
- Awareness of NoSQL database technologies
- Practice of financial markets, OTC derivatives, contracts etc
- Practice of cryptography such has public key encryption, KMI
- Practice in Blockchain technologies, P2P and brainy contracts
- DevOps practice: configuration management, containers, virtualization, continuous integration
- Opensource advocacy and participation
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred)
- BSc in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering desirable.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are sultry about our work, inspired by the influence it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one â collaborating to reach collective goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful practices. With over 50,000 employees in more than one hundred countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help form industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. Weâll bring a world of opportunities.
Technology Development Family Group
United Kingdom-London-London-GBR-London-1 Mark Square
Technology & Ops – Applied Innovation