Software Engineer for Blockchain Services at AlphaPoint – Stack Overflow
Software Engineer for Blockchain Services
Bitcoin, Blockchain, Financial Technology
AlphaPoint is looking for a software engineer to join the team responsible for designing and developing our distributed-systems products and platforms, which power leading digital currency trading venues and permissioned blockchain solutions. Our software is built using C#, using custom-made messaging mechanisms over numerous transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled transaction processing. In this position, you will work in every layer of the service tier (transports, messaging, framework, data persistence, business logic, …) and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains.
As a key member of the software development and delivery team, you will:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class industrial-strength distributed-systems software
- Work with other developers, test engineers, analysts, and project managers to develop and produce software products and solution implementations
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our trading venue and blockchain platform product lines
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively produce high value
- Analyze, design, code, and test software elements, with an eye for building functional, performant, scalable, solid production software in a timely manner
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that skill to maximize technology value
- Assist project and product leaders in making risk-managed planning and release decisions
Abilities & Requirements
- Proficiency in one or more OO languages (C#/.NET strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with distributed systems patterns and mechanisms (SOA preferred)
- Understanding of multithreading and concurrency
- Practice with sockets, WebSockets, and/or message oriented middleware
- Practice with serialization technics like JSON, binary, or protobuf
- Practice building, troubleshooting, and debugging distributed systems
- Skill of code profiling, optimization, analysis instruments
- Familiarity with BDD/TDD and automated testing
- Commitment to lean programming style and aversion to bloatware
- Creative problem solver able to consider and propose numerous alternatives, taking into account technical and non-technical trade-offs and side effects
- Some practice with trading or post-trading systems, payment systems, or financial processing systems is preferred
- Skill of Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and/or blockchain technologies is a plus
- Strong wordy and written communication abilities with capability to collaborate with both technical and business staff
- Capability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Sultry about technology and problem-solving
- Desire to learn about sophisticated financial business domains
- 3-5 years practice building distributed, transactional software solutions
- We have the best engineering and product talent in the blockchain industry. Period.
- Our solutions are battle-tested. We have a growing list of the world’s largest exchanges as paying customers. We are the leading provider of platform solutions in the digital asset exchange world and our customers and prospects know it.
- We’ve attracted top-tier investors, advisors and an experienced leadership team.
- We operate daily in a wise, get-it-done, innovative and joy culture
- We’re ready to suggest the right candidate a competitive compensation package
AlphaPoint is a financial technology company that powers digital asset networks and provides institutions blockchain-enabled solutions to store, track, and trade digital assets. Its secure, scalable, and customizable platform enables customers to deploy blockchain technology to innovate, differentiate, and convert their businesses. AlphaPoint powers digital asset exchanges on five continents, and is led by a seasoned team with 125+ years in financial technology. AlphaPoint has offices in Fresh York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
Joel Test score: eleven out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.